Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Friday

This year was my first for shopping black friday. I got up at 5 and was at JoAnns by 5:30. There were about 20 people ahead of me in line, so I scrapped my plan to dash into the front doors at the last minute, and just got in line like a "nice" Minnesotan. I was glad I did, because by the time the doors opened there must have been about 150 people waiting!

I grabbed my cart and I was off to the flannel. There was a traffic jam of sorts, with people practically climbing over carts to grab bolts of fabric. Right away I saw a few that I'd been looking for, so I had good luck! By the time I was done with flannel I grabbed a ticket at the cutting counter, and with 20 people ahead of me, I just kept shopping. I found some fleece and some fashion fabrics to make new clothes, and then headed over to Christmas. I grabbed 8 rolls of wrapping paper and some Christmas cards, some cinnamon pinecones and then I found my OttLite! I grabbed some BOGO thread and then I waited. It probably took 1/2 hour for my number to be called, but it went quickly because as others finished cutting from their bolts we were able to snag them right off the table!

After I finished at the cutting table I was ready to check out, since I'd found all of my other items before cutting. There were two people in line ahead of me at 7:45ish, so I got out at about 8 on the nose.

Then I popped over to Target and grabbed some gifts for family and a few groceries. Front parking space, no lines, it was easy!

Here is a picture of my haul:


JoAnn's:
61 yards of fabric: flannel, fleece, and fashion fabrics
11 yards of elastic
6 spools of thread
8 rolls of gift wrap
24 Christmas cards
1 OttLite desk lamp
1 bag cinnamon scented pinecones
1 Butterick pattern

Total spent: $170.42
Total saved: $557.85
Savings of 77%

Target:
2 Crockpots
1 fire pit
4 DVDs

Total spent: $84
Total saved: $78
Savings of 49%




No comments:

Post a Comment